One of the projects we’re working on needs to be able to publish images to Flickr. Rather than re-invent the wheel a quick search on RubyForge and GitHub turned up a number existing Flickr libraries for Ruby. After considering future requirements, we decided to go with flickr_fu.
There was just one teeny tiny problem: uploads to Flickr within flickr_fu were broken, as we discovered when we looked at the comments in the
# NOT WORKING ... FILE UPLOADS IN NET::HTTP IS TEH SUCK
A fork, a clone and a few tweaks later and we’ve got uploads working. The changes are currently in our fork but I’ll also be submitting them upstream after a little more testing.